At Hi-Q we never take our eyes off what’s important: your safety – and the safety of your passengers.
1. Dirty and corroded terminals keep power from flowing freely to the engine.
2. Properly maintained, a battery should last between 2 and 5 years.
3. Battery cells should be regularly checked and if needed, filled with distilled water.
4. The battery should be secure in its housing in the engine. If not, vibrations can damage the battery plates.
5. A battery should not be left to stand dormant without being charged.
6. Check that your headlights are off – the battery’s power will be drained if lights are left on.
7. If the vehicle’s battery light comes on, more electricity is being used than is being replaced. Be sure to turn off all your electricity-draining accessories (e.g. air conditioning) and head for Hi-Q!